Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Week Ten Recap

Fight Club!!

Where the hell has the season gone? Everyone jokes how slow time seems to crawl during a pandemic lockdown. But to me, it feels like the season has flown by. We're at Week 11, which in years past has traditionally meant a three-week divisional games stretch to the finish line. It's not quite that way now with this schedule but nonetheless, it's going to be fun. 

The first thing I usually do when the games are over for the week is look at the playoff seeds as they stand. Well, after the Nationals at #1, things get muddled. The other three divisions are led by 6-4 teams and the Lombardi has a second 6-4 team. My fervent prayer is that things sort themselves out before we reach the end. You can check out the seedings as they stand down below. But I wouldn't spend much time worrying about them yet.

Let's look at what happened in the league this past weekend. (I won't spend much time on my game... My season went down the drain with Dak's knee)... The Legends continued to roll as they bounced the R'backs, even with Kittle down and Mahomes and Tyrek Hill on bye. They may be three wins and four seeds behind the Nats but I'd be peeking over my shoulder if I were Dan...His club got back to winning and became the first team to clinch their division... The Heroes actually own the Lombardi Division lead at the moment due to their two-point win over James' Legends in Week 1. Their Week 13 rematch will be a doozy. 

The Blizzard were trounced by the Bombers, of all people, and with the Smenn winning are now just a game up in the Kuhlmann... Never give up, Padilla, Never surrender...The Holes are on the cusp of winning the Hamman. Their 'Magic Number' is one over the Rbacks and Bombers... 

League Doings... 

...the Consolation Round is probably dead in the water. I've learned to read the tea leaves after forty seasons in this seat... I know we've previously gone a year without a trade. Will that happen again? I hope not...(edit: we've had a trade..it was ME and Dan. Sheesh, I'm an idiot!) Lose a guy to someone else in waivers? Satisfy your curiosity with a peek at the Previously Processed Waiver Report. There's something depressing about knowing that while you were changing your bid and priorities 37 times over two days the guy you wanted had been bid on at triple your price on  Sunday...btw...that's kind of a long way around to answer a question I got a few weeks back and neglected to address... I have been managing six different teams this year stretched across four different platforms. Every week I'm playing against myself. Never again. Next year it's this league and maybe my dynasty league. Period.

I'm thinking of tweaking the Dalvin Cook Rule for next season. The last qualifier reads like this: "He was active for five or fewer games during the Hughes League regular season" I may make that read "...the  Hughes League season, including playoffs." That would mean NFL weeks 1 thru 16. And I will definitely adjust the wording to reflect my original intent as to the number of games. It was supposed to be 'fewer than five games'. 

If The Playoffs Started This Week:

I'm pretty confident that this is correct, for now. I swear I'm going to re-visit tiebreaks in the offseason (again!). Points will be #1, for everything. It's easy and the only way to make any sense of all this.

#1  Nationals 9-1/bye
#2  Heroes 6-4/bye (1-0 v Legend for Division; 1-0 among games w/Bliz and Holes for seed)
#3  Blizzard 6-4 (104.4 PPG vs Holes 101.9, no head-to-head yet)
#4  Holes 6-4 (See Blizzard above)
#5  Legends 6-4 (0-1 v Heroes for Division)
#6  Flyers 5-5 (110.8 PPG, Giants, Smenn, Flyers all 1-1 among their games)





No comments:

Post a Comment