Tuesday, December 29, 2020

They Might Be Giants...Again!

 


While it's true the Giants sort of squeaked into the playoffs this year, what's equally true is that they warmed up at exactly the right time and grabbed their fourth EHFL with an impressive 134-101 win over the #1 seeded Nationals.

Rick's crew jumped to an early lead with Tom Brady's Friday performance and built a commanding lead from there. Devonte Adams had a huge game for Rick on Sunday night and padded the lead to the point that even Stefon Digg's Monday Night Football efforts never got the Nats close. 

Brady was named Hughes Bowl MVP in a close vote over Adams. His 33 points were the warning shot over the Nats' bow that the Giants were going to be in this one for keeps.

The Giants become the third team in Hughes League history to successfully defend a championship. This is, as noted, their fourth title. They are also the first #6 seed since we started on Myfantasyleague.com to win a Hughes Bowl. 

I will have another post published later this week which will detail the changes being contemplated for 2021. It's a long post but I hope you will read and react to it. Since 1980 my goal has always been to make the Hughes League entertaining and challenging. I want this to be the league you would keep if you had to play in only one. To that end I think it's important that we keep evolving. I hope you agree.

------------------------------------------------

Housekeeping... I will be sending emails/messages to teams that have more than 19 players on their roster. If you are in that situation I'd really appreciate you taking a few moments to make the cuts needed to get back to 19 (including IR guys). I hate making roster decisions for owners myself. If you get emails with IR/roster moves you'll know that's whats behind it.

Once that's done I will start work on calculating Draft Values for this coming 2021 season's draft. 

Again, hat's off to Rick for the huge win. And thanks to each of you for making the Hughes League so successful! Have a safe and healthy 2021!

No comments:

Post a Comment