Friday, September 9, 2022

Random Crap Being Random

 


We are one game into Week One of 2022 and I thought I'd toss a few things up on the blog while they are still fresh in my mind. Some may have been already sent in emails but this is where I come to reference what I've said, so here we go....

--Most teams took advantage of the Open Waiver window and added a final player to their roster. Some (like me) made additional moves. We are now done with waivers until the Blind Bidding session now in place is processed next Wednesday night. You can put in bids now. Our 'normal' waiver schedule begins next week.

--I spent a few minutes this morning looking at a few dedicated fantasy football draft clients. I found a couple others in addition to the one I linked to last week in that email. None are perfect but they still seem better than the MFL Draft Room. The one I linked to is the best looking and easiest to use I think but it doesn't have a chat feature which I believe is important for what we do. It also requires a little bit of extra work for the remote drafters but that's not very difficult. The other two have both good and bad points. But I have a whole year to come up with something. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of using ESPN or NFL.com, etc. Then just 'back-loading' our rosters into MFL. We'll see.

--I generally ignored the league website all summer and have only recently put back into place the in-season modules. I'm still moving them around so you may not see something in the place you're used to. 

--Clarification on the dedicated TE spot for next year. If we go that route we will still have 8-man lineups and continue to use the flex slot,

Our lineup requirements would go from this:

Total Starters:          8
Number of Starting QBs:               1
Number of Starting RBs:             2-3
Number of Starting WR+TEs:    3-4
Number of Starting PKs:                1

Total Starters:          8
Number of Starting QBs:              1
Number of Starting RBs:            2-3
Number of Starting WRs:           2-3
Number of Starting TEs:            1-2
Number of Starting PKs:               1 

In other words you'd start a QB and a kicker, two RBs, two WRs, a TE plus an additional player who could be an RB, WR or TE. And I've even given some thought to doing away with the kicker slot. But that might be just too radical?!?

I'm planning to return here next week with a Week One summary and more nonsense. 

Meanwhile, enjoy a pic of........

My Little Pixie ©


No comments:

Post a Comment