Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Starting Over

 

I'm not sure I've ever seen this before...seven, count 'em, SEVEN teams at 5-3. And nobody is any better than that. It's absolute raging mediocrity. The good news is that almost everyone reading this is still in the fight. The bad news is that your team sucks just like the next guy's. Oh, and did I mention that two teams are at 4-4? That means that 9 of 12 of us are at the top or within a game of being at the top of a division. It's like we've played for eight weeks and nobody has left the starting blocks.  

If I get some free time this week I'll try to find out if we've ever had a situation like this before. I f'ing doubt it. 

Random stuff being random... the Strawmenn and Flyers combined for 284 points this week. That's good for a tie for the sixth-highest game ever. I thought we had a chance to approach the record (306) with Joe Burrow going Monday night but he had a middling game (not that it mattered to Padilla!)...  So, do you think scoring is down this season? You'd be correct. Check out this comparison of our weekly scoring through eight weeks of 2021 and 2022:

Over 500 fewer points this year league-wide. I thought that maybe there were fewer early byes last year. Nope,  byes started with Week 6 as they did this year. And there had been 12 teams on bye through Week 8 while there have been 10 teams with a week off so far in 2022. So there has been one more NFL game this year. I have no idea what's behind this downward screwing trend and it'll be interesting to see if it continues. And did you notice? The top four teams so far this year were the bottom four last year through the same number of weeks! And they are in perfectly inverted order. It's a damn harmonic convergence of points (or something).

And btw...that's a really nice Chris Stapleton song at the top of the post. It popped up when I was searching for John Lennon's song of almost the same name and I spun it and liked it.


Look! It's Wario! LOL My baby girl wasn't too thrilled with her cap but I finally convinced her to keep it on for her Halloween fun.


For the full effect here is the family group...Mario, Luigi, and Wario. I have no idea what that means.


1 comment: