Sunday, February 12, 2023

Shenanigans Abound

============================

Second season Contest Results... Dan and James finish first and second and will have some additional waiver cash entering the 2023 season. Congrats!

============================

We had an enjoyable trophy presentation and general bull session this past Saturday. Sorry that Hogan couldn't be there due to my poor planning but some of us have to keep the world spinning (and the grocery stores open) on the day before Super Bowl so we appreciate Hogan's efforts.

We spent a lot of time talking about Houston sports, the Super Bowl, and especially the Hughes League. I believe the general opinion is that the current setup makes for a competitive league. I know a few owners miss the keeper system (one or the other of the many keeper systems we've had anyway) and, to be honest, I prefer keepers of some kind. But I also like keeping my life simple. Redrafting does that.

Various updates...

League history project... My current project is digitalizing the league's history from 1980 to the present. It's been something I've worked on off and on over the last few years. I'm now working on 2011 and 2012 so I've made some good progress. I'm determined to finish it up this time. Hopefully, I'll get it done this spring/summer. One thing I discovered was that I didn't do a Hughes News special for the Hughes Bowl in 2012, won by the Giants. Or if I did one it's been lost to time and computer shuffling. I rectified that yesterday. Congrats, Rick...11 years late. LOL

(click to enlarge)




I'll have a lot more to say about the digitalizing project in a future post here. It's been a lot of work, but also a lot of fun! And sending twenty+ binders of paper to the recycling bin has been very satisfying.

2023 league site... I'm just not in the mood to start over at a different site for the coming year. I don't especially feel like looking into the settings/options these other sites offer. Moving might require more tweaking to our scoring setup and/or our lineup requirements. Ugh, who needs the hassle? I'll stick with what we have and will make only the change in the tight-end requirement that has been discussed. For the last few years, Myfantasyleague has made the new season sites available in the week after the Super Bowl. Rather than wait for everyone to pay before I renew (the cost rises as time passes) I will pay up to get the early bird discount this year. But I won't grant access to unpaid teams. It's not about the money, it's about the fairness of some paying and some riding.  

I will factor in the cost of the league and the trophy and 'bill' everyone once we are officially committed to 2023. 

Second Season contest... Today is Super Bowl Sunday and later tonight we'll know which two owners have won some bonus waiver cash for 2023. See the email I sent earlier this week for details. 

That's it for this news post. I'll have another entry once we have the 2023 site online and I'll have info on payment and more on my history project. 

In the meantime try and make yourself as happy as my sweet granddaughter Ellis Rose!!

#ellislovesherspaghetti 





1 comment: