Monday, November 11, 2019

Ahoy Matey

Don’t look now but the Kuhlmann Division is kicking ass and taking names. The Strawmenn are on a seven game winning wave and sit atop the crowd by a game. They lead the league in points yet are behind the Sticks in the Power Ranks. Not sure how that happens.
The fact that the Smenn and Sticks are up top isn’t all that surprising. They came into the year as solid clubs. And neither is the Bliz’s standing as an over .500 team. They are second in the league in scoring. But having the most points scored against you will get you a 5-4 record no matter how strong you are. They are a safe bet for a Wild Card spot (at least) at this point and as the #1 scoring team will be a smart pick for a long playoff run.
What was sort of harder to see coming has been the surge of the Pirates who are 5-4 and definitely in the playoff hunt. Sure, in 2018 Schofield The Younger won only one game in paying his rookie dues but his team was the second-highest ‘points against’ victim (only four PA behind the Bliz!) and could have had a better record. With a full complement of Division games left the Pirates have their fate in their own hands. Being 5-4 beats ‘walking the 10 loss plank’, right Jack?
Stuff… Christian McCaffrey continues to carry the Settlers through the murky confines of the Lombardi Division. He’s a one-man wrecking crew… Speaking of the Lombardi: want to hear something crazy? The Bombers are 2-7 and still are within two games of the division lead. With five games left they ain’t out of it!!…. haven’t mentioned the Barenholtz yet but the Giants still hold that tenuous half-game lead as all four of those clubs took a loss this past week. How Lombardi-like of them…
I’m not one to brag but dammit, I’m gonna brag… I’ve never made the playoffs in my dynasty league. It’s been a long hard road with the shitty team of ragamuffins I took over five seasons ago but I’m 10-0 and have the division clinched. Hey, despite a couple of really horrendous deals I’ve made in the last couple of seasons I’m the first team to start a year with ten straight wins. Making progress in a 16 team dynasty league is about as close to bear wrestling as I ever want to be!
League Admin Stuff… I just noticed that the Flyers had a transaction (add/drop) in the early a.m. on the 18th before add/drops were open. (Thanks, Dan, for pointing that out, sorry I just saw your post). That was on me. I’ve performed a few transactions for other owners (mostly lineups but waiver requests as well) when required due to them being out-of-pocket or having login/access issues. This time I failed to note that we were out of the waiver window. The player claimed (Trubisky) made a start (a loss) and is gone from the team. That, plus the fact that it was my screw-up means I’m not sure there is anything required at this point. I could dock the Flyers some waiver cash, but he didn’t do anything other than text me a request to make a move on his behalf.
Until a few years ago the MFL system required a commish to actively ‘log out’ as commissioner and log back in as a team owner to perform any action as that owner. Now I just need to pick the team from a drop-down and make any move and as ‘commish’, it goes right through even if the move is outside the calendar. And without a team of my own I am always logged in as commish.
Again, I apologize and I’ll try to do better in the future. And, yes, I’m still more than happy to help any owner having issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment