Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Spring Has Sprung

r0_8_510_385_w1200_h678_fmax
…among other things, I’m afraid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyway, it’s time for an update, don’t ya think? So here goes:
The League…
Scheduling… I’m proceeding as if the NFL will begin as usual in September. No way to know at this point what it’ll look like once this is all over but I’m a ‘the glass is half full’ kind-of-guy.  At the moment I am looking at the schedule and might make some changes to move traditional rivalry games to the beginning and the end. But I am also going to note the weeks that have no division games and if we need to make cuts, those will be the ones I lop out of the schedule first.
We had shortened seasons in 1982 and 1989 due to NFL players’ lockout/strike situations. If it comes to that I’ll do what I need to do to make the schedule work. Maybe a reduced playoff format. I’ll cut regular-season weeks before I do that but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that (for much more than just football reasons).
Draft values… I made the list and published it via the league site. But what is online is not always my latest version as I am trying to keep up with free-agent signings and NFL trades. I’ve corrected a few typos and updated some players’ team info. I’ll probably republish it once the free agency period has settled down. I see no point in sending it out via email this early, all things considered. But if you are looking for something to do you can check the link on the league site. It’s the first entry in the EHFL Links module. NOTE: The chart is updated as of March 29.
Changes… You’ll be happy to note that nothing is in the works as far as new rules/regulations other than what has already been implemented. I have some things that I need to decide on like a parallel tournament for non-playoff qualifiers but given the uncertainty of things, I don’t need to worry about all that yet.
The League Site…
Appearance… I’ve tweaked, pushed, pulled, and tweaked some more over the last month. At one point the site locked up on me and, since I thought it was something I’d done, I stripped out everything and started from scratch. Turns out that the folks at myfantasyleague do some behind the scenes updates from time to time and that’s what was ‘wrong’ with the site. But it was an opportunity to revamp the thing so that’s the silver lining. I re-thought the modules that I had placed within each ‘tab’ and I think they make more sense now. I’m still playing around with stuff.
Sat. Nite Edit: I switched some helmets. Teams that had the 40th Anniversary helmets last year have had those retired. Other teams got new ones. If you’d like yours changed let me know. I have a huge selection available.
Overall, I’m happy with the look at this point. I’m pretty sure what you see now is what you’ll get for the season with the in-season modules added back in. I’d love feedback and suggestions. If the page is not responding or seems very slow it’s likely due to some MFL workings. Check back later.
The Ed Hughes tribute page… I recently picked up a few more pictures of Coach Hughes and they are now scanned and visible on his ‘tribute’ page. Check them out. One got a special edit!
1980 Hughes Newsletters, etc… at the bottom of the EHFL Links you’ll see ‘1980 Hughes News’. That goes to a page I’ve created that had some of our first season’s newsletters and stat pages. Hard to believe the way we did things then. Next to that is a link that takes you directly to the Hall of Fame page on this site. I updated that as well as I had left one name off the last version.
Again, I hope everyone stays healthy by being smart and not taking unneeded chances. Talk to everyone soon.
Johnny-Unitas-1960

No comments:

Post a Comment