Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Assorted Random Stuff For Week Two

 

Just stuff crossing my mind... I didn't get to watch much Week One action but I had RedZone on for most of this past Sunday and it was just frigging crazy! Even in that late window with just a few games going on Scott Hanson could barely keep up with the goings on. I don't think I've seen a 'quad box' on RedZone before but as the first games would down they had four different games with big plays happening at once. 

We had a taste of that ourselves on Monday night. Josh Allen pushed the Bombers past the Pirates but with Dalvin Cook going in the 'second' MNF game you'd think a small lead wasn't safe for Bobby. But Cook came up small and the Bombers got a one point win...meanwhile I figured I'd get passed by the Rbacks with Justin Jefferson going in that late MNF game but he was smothered all night and his 12 targets didn't add up to nearly enough points for David. Had me up watching until the last minute for sure...none of our other games were particularly close.

Speaking of me...I'm either way out of touch when it comes to waiver prices or some of you are! LOL My bids got CRUSHED last week. Maybe that was for the best... We've got four 2-0 teams, four 1-1 teams and four 0-2 teams. I still don't see anyone emerging as a heavy favorite for the title right now.

 

You probably saw my email from earlier this evening. I'm trying to track down a site issue that crashes the front page scoreboard when a team is clicked. Doing that is supposed to bring up a popup of that team's scoring. It works sporadically, some team 'clicks' crash it, others don't. Changing the settings to have it appear at the top of every page fixes it but I don't like having it set up that way.

I can 'clone' our league and work on things but I don't always remember to delete the owners email addys from the clone league so odd stuff may get sent out. Bear with me. I'm likely going to end up stripping out some functionality from our site to speed things up. The guy who writes most of the scripts that provide whistles and bells (like that scoreboard) said our site is very slow to load compared to some others.

I'll try to get things squared away this week. 

And finally...

Guess who is turning a year old on Wednesday, September 21st? That's right, this adorable little pixie!

 



 


 It's hard to believe it's been a year since she arrived. How did I live without her?

 Feel free to wish her the happiest of birthdays!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment