Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Wack Job Plus Music...and Ellis

NOTE: As of about Midnight on Wednesday night, I have found a way around the problem. Hopefully it won't reoccur anytime soon. My favorite module is back on the home page! The section below is no longer valid but I'll leave it up.


Tech Stuff... I've always keep those historical/numbers spreadsheets (All Time W/L, etc) on a free site. Been there for years with few issues. So Tuesday night I get an email that said I was going to lose my EHFL files due to 600000+ visits in a day on the server where I store them. LOL Even with Rick popping in to look for rules loopholes every day I doubt those things have ever been accessed a ten times in a week!

Long story short...I upgraded to their paid level ($2 a month, two year commitment) but it was too complicated so I got refunded and am currently looking at other free hosting sites. It's not like I'm looking to build an international conglomerate's network. I have like a dozen shitty little HTML files. LOL I'll get it figured out and then get the EHFL Links module up and running. 

I figured I'd have an easy year.. no keeper values, automated draft slot assignment, etc. And all those things were fine. But then last week MFL made some changes on the back-end and most of the scripts I use to enhance the site suddenly broke. That was fixed and now this. Jeez.

Football Stuff... Three weeks in and things are sorting out. I mean nobody has anything in the bag and nobody is out of it, but you can start to see who are the likely contenders for the Hughes Bowl. The bye weeks will seperate the wheat from the chaff (which was going to be the title to this post until last night happened). I think the Flyers are going to be a petri dish for navigating the year with lame-ass quarterback numbers. Not my first time, won't be the last... On a related note: I poked around my usual FF sites last week and all of them advised benching Aaron Rodgers for Mac Jones. ALL OF THEM! That's one of those "I can't do it...I know it's smart, but I can't do it" sort of situations. I mean he's just aaron rodgers at this point, a JAG for sure, but it wasn't very long ago he was AARON F'ING RODGERS! End result...Jones outscored him. Lucky I didn't lose my game because of it.

Other Stuff... How about a little Ike music. Back to the UH dorms circa 1971 we go!!




And the beautiful Birthday Girl!!



 


1 comment:

  1. I love the history stuff too. Hope we get that figured out. I love the history of the league and that you can easily go back and look at all of it. If I commented here a week ago, I would've said stick a fork in the Legends, but now who knows.

    ReplyDelete