Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Some Days You're The Nail...

 ...and some days you're the hammer! Hell, some days you can't even tell which you are.

Well, that was...umm...interesting. Where to begin? Howsabout with the Lincoln Legends. Thru three weeks they had posted 224 points, total. That's under 75 a game. This week they explode for 169. The Sticks run up 120 in that game and lose! That 120 is a point more than double(!) the Flyers' total (59) and yet the Flyers won! Good lord, fantasy football is a cruel, cruel mistress. Hey Howdy Hey.... the Legends have five of the Top Ten game scores in league history. The Holes (twice), Flyers (twice) and Strawmenn make up the rest of the list. The Legends' 169 this week is tied for 5th best all time and is two points shy of the team record of 171 set in 2019.

More weirdness...Only two teams scored under 90 this week. And those two played each other. I should be embarrassed by a winning total of 59 over the Nats' 54 but fuck it, I've had my share of screw jobs in 42+ years in this league. I'll take and move on. 

I'm trying to find out if: A) 59 is the lowest winning score in the 'modern' (performance scoring) era, and B) if we've had so many 90+ scores in a week previously, and C) if a team has ever won with four starters scoring two points or less. I suspect the answer to all three is 'Yes' but I'm having issues with previous seasons' webpages. I think it has to do with the inaccessibility of the files I had on the old web storage site. I'll get it straightened out.

More Random Number Crap: The Bombers hit 143 this week and yet weren't close to being the high scoring team. BTW..they are the highest scoring team so far in 2022. Yup, Tight Ends Inc.©  is at the top of the points chart.... that 59-54 Flyers-Nats game...the two lowest totals of the year across all teams. It is not the lowest total of the performance scoring era (2004 and onward) however. It's not even close. The record for fewest points by both teams in a game is 73 which was hit twice. In 2006 the Bliz beat the Strawmenn 49-24! In 2008 the Flyers beat the Nats 38-35. So me and Dan have a shitty score history. LOL... It's worth noting that back then there were seven player lineups and no PPG. But still, those are lousy scores....

Webpage Blues...I'm pretty much fed up with issues on our league site. The majority of the problems stem from conflicts between my customization and MFL's back end changes. Other snags  are the result of me having to make a new account at the web hosting site. But, whatever it is that's behind them, the issues are pretty annoying. I may just go with a bare bones site next year or change platforms completely. I'm tired of spending time with this stuff.

Haven't heard any Merle Haggard lately so here he is with Tammy Wynette doing Today I Started Loving Again, a terrific song.


You know who doesn't care about your running back troubles? This sweet little pixie!


1 comment:

  1. Legends #1. What a week. Bout time squad put a W in the win column. Shame about the league sie, commish. I honestly think it's the coolest. All the different tabs for banners and plaques and league news and the side links for league history and all that. I think it's really cool to have a league site that's not just a lineup tab and settings tab like ESPN and all that. Hate to see it go away, but do what you gotta do.

    Legends forever!

    ReplyDelete