Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Yup, It Never Ends

 



No matter how simple I try to make it, this commish thing continues to jump up and bite me. Looks like I failed to update on the rules page what I intended to change for this year. It says that the sixth playoff qualifier (the one based on points) needs a minimum of six wins. That was fine in our 13 game season days but I thought a seven win minimum would be appropriate in a 14 game season. I brain cramped when I edited this years rules and was so used to having a six win minimum that that's what I typed.

I have no intention of allowing a six-win team knock out an 8 win (or better) club from the post-season. I'll do what needs to be done to avoid that even if it means expanding the playoffs to include more teams. Doing that might require eliminating a bye (or byes) for the top seeds and if that happens it might piss someone off but we shall see. Of course if it's my team that gets bumped I'll take the fall. Whatever.

Next year we will go back to just having wildcards based on records. I've always believed that a really good team with bad scheduling luck shouldn't be punished but I'm not going to go through these shenanigans anymore. Just not worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment