Friday, December 16, 2022

And Here We Are

 


The Messi picture has nothing to do with our league but I am convinced he's some sort of alien being. I watch him play and I find it hard to believe he's merely human. Same way I felt about Bobby Orr and Roberto Clemente. I hope he gets to raise the World Cup for Argentina! Okay, on to Hughes things...

Before I go any further I need to give a big Ed Hughes cap tip to David. It's been awhile since he had a team like this and he fully deserved a bye in the first round. I wouldn't have blamed him for being upset with my playoff setup decision but he took it with humor and grace. This league has the best damn owners.


Playoff thoughts..... Just random things from conversations with other owners and stuff that occurs to me as the dust settles: And some of it actually pertains to the Hughes League.

Hogan mentioned how things kind of leveled off when we dropped the keepers and everyone had start from scratch. That's very true. It was pretty hard to choose a favorite after the draft. Nowadays everyone has the best intel for drafting and results come down to injuries, the fantasy schedule, lineup mistakes and luck. 

I was thinking that a five game win bump was fairly uncommon but we've seen it happen more than I had thought. In digging I noticed that the Pirates improved by 7 wins(!) from 2017 to 2018 and then had a six win bump from '19 to '20. That's a real roller coaster ride. 

Be honest.. if I'd have asked you in August to name the top fantasy quarterbacks would you have had Geno Smith at #6, Trevor Lawrence at #7 and Justin Fields at #8? I thought not. Hey, here's a prediction based on absolutely no research, just a hunch...the winner of the Holes-Bombers game wins the Hughes Bowl. Remember who told you first. 

I have nothing else for the moment. Good luck to everyone still in the hunt. Remember your tie break guy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment