Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Week Four Recap


Looks like things are starting to take shape here in the good ol' EHFL. The Bliz and Nats have 4-0 strangleholds on their divisions. No surprises there, although I figured the Kuhlmann crew would be better overall than they currently are showing. The Heroes lead the Lombardi despite having scored the fewest points among those three. I point you to the one thing an owner can't control...Points Against. The Heores have the fewest in the division. Which reminds me...If I (or anyone) end up with the second highest PPG and miss the playoffs there will be hell to pay. And a 2021 rule change, I swear. LOL  OTOH..no way Dak Prescott keeps putting up these silly numbers so I'll slide back before long.

Meanwhile there's the Hamman Division. The Holes and R'backs plug away at .500 while the Bombers limp along at 0-4 But 0-4 is not automatically a death knell. Being two games back with nine to play means that things can change before we're done. Sure, the Bombers have trouble putting up points but they also are getting scored on at the highest rate in the league. That can't continue.

League Stuff and Notes To Know.... Nice to see some of you playing the IR list like a harp... Players continue to fall out like those fainting goats. Austin Ekeler, Nick Chubb, Calvin Ridley, Sony Michael and a couple others are down for the count. I'm thinking this isn't normal. Maybe it's the same every year and I'm just overreacting... Point of order here-remember that the new IR rules in the NFL allow for short stays on it (three weeks I think) which means you'll need to monitor your players and activate them if their status changes to 'Questionable' or better. You'll know because the system won't take a lineup if you have a violation....I'm wondering any of the rules we put in place just for 2020 will be requested to be made permanent... 

By now you're aware that the NFL schedule has had a wrinkle. The cancelled Pittsburgh-Tennessee game has shuffled some bye weeks so check your roster and avoid getting caught short...the guy who 'hosts' the custom scripts I use on the league page had server problems and has been moving them to a new domain. There may be a time when something doesn't work correctly and if you spot something I'd appreciate a shout. I'm trying to keep up with the changes he's making but I may miss something. Thanks.



Last week the Legends picked up a player on Sunday morning (two actually, but one claim, Jordan Reed,was fine) The system recorded the pickup of Tre'Quan Smith twice. Something I've never seen happen. It wasn't like he picked him up, dropped him, and them picked him up again. The transactions list just shows two claims recorded at the same time. And each claim cost the usual $10. I'm not sure what's behind this. I suspect it has to do with how busy the MFL servers get on Sunday morning. Wednesday night waivers kind of fall the same way. They are standard across a lot of leagues and that's why we sometimes see a delay in ours getting processed.

But it had been a long, long time since the system itself has hiccuped. Strangely the total number of claims James made for the week was correct (two), but he was charged for three.Just something odd to keep an eye on. BTW..you can see all the waiver claims, waiver costs, and any adjustments I make to the totals by going to Reports->Franchise->Blind Bid Report. I believe it will show you the league-wide report.


No comments:

Post a Comment