Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Week Three Recap

 

Well, nobody died, so there's that. I experienced one of those odd Monday nights where I was rooting 'for' and 'against' Patrick Mahomes. I had a substantial lead on the Mahomes-led Legends here in the Hughes but in my dynasty league I was down about 30ish with Mahomes in my pocket. I loved seeing him go off on the f'ing Ravens but why, oh why couldn't the last TD gone to Kelce? 

Ended up winning in my dynasty (that's now 20 regular season wins in a row going back to 2018 ::bows::) but lost to James here in the Ed League by a point. And so it goes....also taking their first loss of 2020 was one of the chalk favorites for the Hughes Bowl, the Holes. It's a big win for the R'backs as they put a tiebreak notch in their belt... don't look now but the defending champs ain't defending much. Yup, the Giants under-performed this week and they'd better step quick it up cause the Nats look stout.

Speaking of the Nats, (unlike my game) the old man schooled the kid over the weekend. Jack's Pirates are 0-3 but that's to be expected when every team you play has a banner weekend. Check out that Points Against column...the Blizzard have had a shitload of points scored against them as well but when you lead the league in scoring it doesn't matter as much. McCaffrey or no McCaffrey, they look tough.

Week One's Wednesday waivers totaled $395 for 10 successful claims. Week Two's claims jumped to $473 for 8 successful claims, an average of $59 a body. We are trending up.

NFL Stuff... If you read my email from earlier tonite you know that the 'bubble' has burst as far as COVID-19 in the NFL. Looks like at least one game and maybe more are in jeopardy this coming weekend. I'm surprised we got this far but maybe we can keep getting lucky. As I said in the email (and have said all year) I'll do whatever I think needs to be done to make this thing work for everyone. Please read your emails from me... no new catastrophic injuries that I am aware of have cropped up. Remember that the IR list is there for you to take advantage of. Guys are eligible if they show NFL tags of IR, Out or COVID. And if a guy loses that tag you need to move him to roster or drop him. No lineups accepted with a violation.

League Site Stuff... I was only half-ass watching the KC-Baltimore game and checking our scores on the app so I wasn't aware that the main scoreboard on our homepage had cratered. The guy who hosts so much of the custom stuff had his servers wiped out by mistake and by the time I got wind of it the game was almost over. It got fixed today. If you ever see that something has gone south on the site like that please contact me. 

Check the front page of the site for a new link to the MFL-Live page. 

And I can't finish without a mention of the death of Gale Sayers. Most of us are probably old enough to remember watching him. He was simply incredible.I've seen a lot of football players in my time but I've never seen anyone who could compare. Take a couple of minutes to watch this video with a few of his highlights. 


His career was similar to that of Sandy Koufax...he wasn't around a long time but when he was, he was transcendent. 

I collect his cards and some other items (and he wasn't a Baltimore Colt so that should tell you what I thought of him!).

His rookie card.....

A piece I found years ago that I couldn't pass up at the price...

RIP, Kansas Comet.



No comments:

Post a Comment