Thursday, October 7, 2021

Week Four...Mind the Gap

Just a bit delayed this week. I've been kind of distracted  with everything happening around here but here we go...

I'll admit that I don't always look all that closely at final scores for all the games but even my cursory glance this week told me that we had a bunch of blowouts.

The Nats beat the Strawmenn by eleven but none of the other games had less than a 35 point difference! The six winning teams averaged more then a 37 point margin. 

I looked back over the final scores for the previous three weeks and here are the results:

  • Week One.......24.7 point average margin
  • Week Two.......29.5 point average margin
  • Week Three.....19.3 point average margin
  • Week Four.......37.3 point average margin

I'm not sure what it all means, if anything, other than we had an unusual amount of easy wins but I did find it interesting. When I get the time I may take a look at last season and see if the 37+ differential is that out of line in a larger sample size.

Observations... Don't look now but the Pirates have quietly won three straight to put themselves into a three-way 3-1 tie at the top of the Kuhlmann Division... The old adage that says you can't draft well from a boat in the middle of the night is getting shot all to hell.... Elsewhere most of the Flyers took a week of unpaid leave and they were drubbed by the Rbacks but they still hold a lad in the Lombardi. BTW...you have to go back to the strike season of 1982 and the 8-0 Nats to find a Hughes team that didn't lose a game. Won't happen this year either.... the Legends made it into the win column this week and the fact that they've outscored the division leading Flyers tells you something about how good fortune factors into fantasy sports... the 1-3 Strawmenn have more points than any Lombardi team. Interesting times for sure.

League Site Stuff.... over the last couple of days I've had issues with the site loading very slowly on my desktop computer running Win10. Specifically when using the Firefox browser. No issues with Chrome but I much prefer Firefox and having problems with it is super frustrating. I suspect one of the custom scripts used on the site is hanging up but I can't pin down which one. Or it may be a different problem entirely. I'm telling you this because I plan to dig into this over the next few days and that might mean parts of the site won't look the same as you're used to. I've already removed a few items (nothing critical) but since that problem persists those modules will be returned before long.


No comments:

Post a Comment