Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Bombs Away! (Week Three)

 The Hits Keep Coming


You keeping track? Cause I am... De'Von Achane, Justin Jefferson, Hughes Bowl 44 MVP Baker Mayfield, Mike Evans, Breece Hall, Jalen Coker, Travis Etienne, Jalen McMillan, Terrance Ferguson, Mark Andrews, did I miss anyone? Over the first three weeks of the season six of the first 27 players we drafted have had their play limited or ended by injuries. 

I mean we can't be all that far from a bidding war for Davis Mills. 💀

Scoring across the league was down less than a point per team this week...the Giants remain undefeated but with Rick's guys among the wounded he'll have to work some magic to remain that way as we head for the bye weeks...

Hey, we had a trade last week, Nats and Pirates. You remember what a trade is, right? It's when two teams decide to swap players. It's not that hard to do (or at least it shouldn't be). Try it some time. 

Hey, how 'bout my guy, Case Keenum? Doing the Cougars proud. Not bad for someone who was told he'd never last in the NFL.



He was a Flyer in 2014 and 2016. Here is his EHFL history:


And his NFL career prior to Monday night:


James sent me a graphic that showed Keenum has won a game for SEVEN different NFL clubs. Only Ryan Fitzpatrick has done that besides Case.



Waiver Cash Auditing ;-)

I think I mentioned some time back that I would be trying to keep a close eye on the waiver funds as I thought MFL has been kind of glitchy in tracking them. I've kept a notepad with all the transactions so far and it all adds up correctly. I'll give it a few more weeks and if nothing is 'off' I'll quit worrying about it.

New MFL App

MFL Live is just out and in my limited time to play with it I've been impressed. It has a clean interface, and does the basics well. It is supposed to also have a 'commish abilities' mode but I wasn't able to find it. I reached out to the developers and they are looking into it. They have fixed the 'commish' page but I've found a couple of other minor issues that I've notified the team about. Hopefully that can get them worked out because it really is a nice looking app.

I also asked about cost since there is a line in their FAQ about 'in-app payments for premium features'. They said that they are planning to incorporate AI features at a later date (next year probably) and they would charge for those as an option.

As an owner I like it quite a bit. It's in the Apple App Store and Google Play. My advice is to bookmark it and wait until the issues are addressed. But is it well worth a look. 

Here's a peek at a couple of the functions:



IR Status and Me (Rant #1)

Alec Pierce got hurt in Week Two for the Colts. By Monday it was obvious he'd be gone for awhile. On Tuesday morning every site said "the Colts have placed Alec Pierce on IR". On Friday evening (as I type this) he is still listed as 'Out'. So four+ days after he was reported to be on IR he isn't. Which means I was unable to put him in an IR spot on my roster and fill the void. My choice (if I was really in a bind) would be to cut him loose. 

So, who is to blame? The Colts for dragging their feet on the paperwork? The NFL for not making it official in a timely manner? MFL for not changing his status? To be fair, the other platforms I was able to peek at (ESPN and Sleeper) also have him as 'Out', not 'IR'. Maybe its the fault of the reporters covering the club/league for jumping the gun?

I dunno, but it pisses me off. MFL has the option to allow 'Out' players to go on our league IR but that's a can of worms I'd rather not open. 

UPDATE: Pierce was 'officially' placed on IR on Saturday. A few hours later MFL changed his designation and I was able to make a roster move. I did note that ESPN made the update hours earlier. 

Commissioners are can be idiots (Rant #2)

I check in on a couple of web forums that focus on being a commissioner. I see a lot of "One guy traded X and Y for A and B. Should I veto it/put it up for a league vote?" Usually X=a stud, Y=a replacement level guy, and A & B are good or very good players. I'm baffled by 'vetoes' in any case besides blatant collusion. And completely baffled as to why some dopes think we could answer that question with no f'ing context. 


I mean so many things go into trades:
Some teams are in dire need at a position and are willing to overpay.
Not every owner values every player the same way. 
Some owners have favorites, play hunches, do different research than the other owner.
We don't know if the league has 8, 10, 12, or 30 teams. That matters. A lot.
So does the scoring system, roster size, and league type.
If I ever suggest going to routine trade voting, quit this league because I will have lost my mind.

Thanks for attending my TED Talk.


40-->36






And a suggested bonus track. Very nice!












No comments:

Post a Comment