
Call the Doctor!
Maybe it's always like this and I'm just overreacting. I dunno. But it sure seems like the injuries to key players are mounting at an alarming rate. Three QBs went down this week (I'm not including Justin Herbert who isn't hurt but he is killing me for fucks sake). I suspect the waiver wire will be a popular destination between now and Wednesday evening.
Random League Thoughts... we have two teams at 2-0, two at 0-2, and eight at 1-1. I don't think that means anything in particular but I found it interesting (it last occured in '23)... our league-wide scoring average was down over 11 points from Week One (109.05--->97.82). it might be a reflection of the injuries, or maybe not... last year the average jumped from Week One (90.09-->95.50)...
...Giants doing a nice job of winning while adhering to the 'Zero RBs' approach... I bet it's been awhile since a team had both its QBs get KO'd like the Heroes, but Hogan managed to grab a win... We have two teams approaching the 300 win milestone, the Smenn and the Giants. I have a countdown (count up?) going on the homepage...
I've added the 'Pending Trade' module to the top right column of the league homepage. You should also subscribe to 'trade offer' email in the My Franchise-->Franchise setup --> Contact info dropdown.
The Ed Hughes Book
The locals saw this at the draft but I wanted to share it with everyone. Over the years I've collected quite a bit of memorabilia (ephemera is probably more accurate a term) related to Coach Hughes. It's displayed on the News blog here via the Ed Hughes Tribute page linked on the right. But, after many stops and starts, I finally sat down and organized it all. I thought the huge-ass binder was going to be too big but as it turns out I needed it. Below are a few pics giving you an idea of what it contains.
The plate on the front came from our trophy provider. It's the only cheap, free shipping purchase I've ever made with them! Turned out nice I think.
I loosely organized it with oddball items, trading cards, and autographs first. (You can click any pic to expand it).
I have some league historical things in there that are not directly related to CEH. A bit of Flyers and '71 Oilers stuff as well.
And finally the game programs from his college, pro playing and coaching career.
Numbers 45-->41
And a bonus track!
Someone had a birthday yesterday!!!
















Happy Birthday!
ReplyDelete