Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Dammit, Let's Goooo!

 


First things first... big ups to Bobby hosting our 47th draft! Plenty of space, plenty of eats, plenty of bullshit. Just what a draft needs, yes? And I appreciate Jim and Rick chiming in via Zoom. 

I had tech issues but they didn't cause problems for anyone else. I'm just too dumb to realize that doing a dry run with my setup would be a good idea. Honestly, I'm ready to move on from PrimeTime Draft. It works as advertised as far as making picks is concerned but the commish tools are not readily accessible during the draft and there enough minor annoyances that I'll be looking at some of the alternatives for next year. There are quite a few out there with more popping up all the time. Using MFL's native draftroom is an option but I want to see what it is with this template before I commit to it. 

More evidence that I'm a nitwit...somehow I left the roster limit at 16 instead of 15 so one or two owners went over the limit during open waivers before I caught the error. It is fixed now and all waiver costs refunded. 

Random shit I've been thinking about... one issue I had was not being able to get to my cheatsheet/research because my second screen wasn't working. So I was winging it from memory and a printed NFL depth chart list. Serves me right.... juggling the site, drafting and Zoom isn't ideal. Maybe I recruit some help next year... we really need to get some out-of-town guys in for a live draft. Jack wasn't too far from us on Monday night in picturesque Fourchon, Louisiana, but he was onboard a ship.... this one:


... we for sure need to do this all together in person in 2029 for the 50th... we ran through the draft in really good time, in under three hours... I'm liking the Taxi Squad idea so far, there's a strategy to plotting it out I think... 


If you haven't already, check the previous few Hughes Blog entries for info on this week's timeline and the Taxi Squad.















No comments:

Post a Comment