My intention with the Taxi Squad, as I've noted many times, was for it to be a one-time deal with each team optionally adding a rookie to the TS slot before the September 10 deadline and then being able to promote/activate that player at any time during the season. Once the rookie was activated the team's TS slot was supposed to close.
Turns out I didn't read the 'fine print', or at least not closely enough. As a result I've discovered that I can't put an option in place that would allow Taxi Squad 'promotions' that would be automatically close the Taxi Squad option for that team. I'd either have to leave that window open until I could intervene, or be the TS 'gatekeeper' and have an owner contact me to make the promotion on their behalf. Both of those options suck for a variety of reasons.
I've talked to a couple of owners for opinions. Rick had a suggestion... just opening up the Taxi Squad for everyone again and leaving it open. In other words allow more than one Taxi Squad player during the year. The limit would still be rookies only, one-at-a-time, and the promoted player could not be sent back to the same team's Taxi Squad again (there is definately a way to prevent that automatically). But, once cleared via a promotion or drop, the slot could be filled with some other rookie.
I'm very reluctant to make what sort of feels like an in-season rule change. OTOH, I hate (even more) having to do hands-on shit like making the promotion for someone... I might not be free to do it in time, etc.
Therefore, the open it up option looks to be by far the easiest for me.
So, here is the deal:
- I'm opening the Taxi Squad back up for everyone, even the teams that skipped the initial window.
- The TS window will remain open all season for all teams whether or not they want to use it.
- Still only one slot, and still only rookies are eligible.
- You can promote or drop that Taxi Squad rookie at any time during the year.
- Once a rookie is promoted or dropped he can't go back to that same team's Taxi Squad. *But he can be used as a Taxi Squad rookie by a second team if acquired thru a claim or trade*. Waiver fees still apply.
- Once empty, the Taxi Squad slot can be filled with a different rookie if desired.
- There is no limit to how many times you can change your TS player but remember that you can't 'demote' the same rookie to your TS twice.
Note: I have a question about the issue of the ban from demoting the same player back to the Taxi Squad. The setting clearly disallows that but what is NOT clear to me is whether or not a different team could demote that player if he was picked up as a free agent or in a trade. I have a question on this currently uploaded to the MFL folks and will edit here once they respond with the clarification.The question has been answered by MFL, see above.
Pro Tip: You can drop a player from your 15-man roster and promote a Taxi Squad rookie in one action from the Taxi Squad page. Just doule-check your work before finalizing the move because there are a lot of checkboxes on that page.
That's it. I hope the change doesn't piss off anyone but it's the best option for all concerned. I don't want to have to apologize for not seeing a "Promote Mty Rookie!" text too late and cause someone to lose out on a win.
As I also mentioned before the season, we can re-evaluate the Taxi Squad after the season to see if we should continue with it.
Your thoughts are always welcome.



No comments:
Post a Comment