Sunday, September 13, 2026

Mobile Apps for MFL


Its been awhile since I looked into mobile device apps for Myfantasyleague. A couple apps that have been around forever are still out there, seemingly unchanged. A couple of new ones have popped up in the past year or two and they look pretty slick with much more modern interfaces. All of them seem to do the job.

First things first... I have the league set to be 'mobile friendly' with a customized look when viewing the site on your phone with any browser. I do any 'commish duties' that way since I see the regular pages and I can find things easily. But on game days I use an app to check scores. 

Three of the apps listed below are available for both Apple and Android devices. the fourth one, I dunno because a cursory Google search turns up info on a similarly named app tied to Brothers printers. I'll go through the apps and a desktop program along with links and screenshots, etc.


First up, the oldies. These have been around for ages and they don't seem to have changed since the Carter administration. But they both work fine.

MFL Platinum is my go-to. Probably because I've used it for so long. It is free and available for Apple and Android devices. You can edit the panes so the ones you use most often are at the top and you can hide ones you don't want. It works for multiple MFL leagues and its easy to switch back-and-forth.

Some of these panes are just links to our site but I don't use tham much anyway.



MFL Mobile is the first one I used way back in the day and I'm not sure why I switched. It is listed as the 'official' app for MFL leagues but that doesn't give it any advantage that I can see. It has all the same options as Platinum plus you can by-gawd change the color scheme to match your favorite NFL team, LOL. It is also free and works with multiple MFL leagues. There is a premium (paid) version apparently which does away with an ad at the bottom but whatever. It is available on both platforms.



Now for the newbies.

MFL Pro looks pretty slick. I've only had it for a day on my phone but I can see myself using it as my primary app. There is no webpage for it that I can find but it is available in the Apple Appstore. Maybe one of you Android guys could search Google Play and see if it's there. As far as I can tell it's free to use and I was able to view and work with both MFL leagues I'm involved in. 

There is some sort of AI component that I have not had a chance to mess with but it might be something worthwhile. 






And finally we have MFL Modern. It's another one that I just discovered. In the small time I've had to play with it I can see that I likely will be deleting it from my phone before long. It has a nice looking, modern (duh) interface but I see no reason to recommend it over the other three. The interface is dark with no setting to change it. The 'commish tools' button simply links to the page on our website. It is restricted to one league in the free version. and worst of all, the scores were running waaaay behind. 

The paid plans add various features like multiple league support, a league chat (LOL, I can't get you guys to read emails, nevermind a league chat!), The highest paid plan gives you league and team advice apparently. There is a help and support page and I may send the guys some observations but I can't see paying for (or even using the free version) when there are better options. Its new so I'll wager they will fix the lag in the updates so I will keep tabs on it to see how it evolves.


In this screenshot note the game score hadn't changed from the Wednesday & Thursday night totals even 2 and a half hours into Sunday's games!



I cut off the bottom of this screenshot but the 'Edge Premium level is $25 and the league chat costs the same. Hard pass for me. 




And now for something completely different (and older then my Keds Hi-tops)

MFL Gameday Program has been around since MFL started and I first used it when we joined up in 2003. I've used it sporadically ever since. It's a desktop program that will track the same stuff and app tracks plus more. You can have it open on your computer and it updates constantly, both fantasy and NFL games. The interface hasn't changed...ever. I don't spend a lot of time on Sundays in front of the computer (or TV for that matter) but I used to use this all the time to download the Hughes boxscores that I would mail publish in Excel and mail or email out. that should give you a hint of how old it is. It seems like ages ago that the MFL folks said they were abandoning this program and yet here it is with a 2026 version. 

If you want to play around with it the link is here. I found that the link said '2026 version' but I got the 2025 version on install. You'll also probably get a few warning about the site/page being unsafe but you can ignore those. They stem from it being created on a Sinclair 1000 in 1982 I believe. ;-) 

I was able to update it in the options tab. Same thing goes for the player database. It gets an update every week. Click the screenshot here to get the full experience, such as it is.














No comments:

Post a Comment